Farmactive Hydro is a sterile dressing containing substances in hydrocolloid form dispersed in a matrix of adhesive polymers and covered by a semi-impermeable supporting film made of breathable polyurethane.
Treatment of slightly to moderately exudative wound lesions in the granulation and reepithelialization stage, such as:
- cavity wounds
- venous ulcers
- surgical and post-surgery wounds
- first and second-degree burns
- traumatic wounds and abrasions
- strong absorbing capacity, as shown by its high absorbability: 2200 g/m 2/24h
- breathable and gas-permeable, with a high MVTR: 2900 g/m 2/24h
- high cavity exudate retention 5100g/m 2/24h,
- to prevent the exudate from spreading laterally and damaging perilesional skin
- impermeable to liquids
- barrier against bacteria
- elastic and conformable
- atraumatic removal, without residues
- individual sterilized packaging
- radiation-sterilized wide peel-open strip makes it easy to apply
The hydrocolloid dressing maintains a moist microenvironment that is ideal for healing wounds or lesions. During the granulation stage, the moist environment facilitates the activity of macrophages, which develop in large quantities and promote the formation of new capillaries from the bottom of the wound cavity. Thus, the cavity gradually fills with granulation tissue, given by capillaries, fibroblasts and collagen. During reepithelialisation, epithelial cells migrate from the wound’s edges towards its surface.
The dressing absorbs the exudate in excess and holds it in its matrix, from which it evaporates thanks to the dressing’s high permeability to water vapour and gas.
The dressing’s impermeability to liquids and to bacterial microorganisms insulates the wound microenvironment from external contamination.
The dressing is elastic and conformable, with rounded edges for maximum comfort, and can be removed without trauma to the patient. The dressing can be left in place for up to 3—5 days, depending on the patient’s condition and the amount of exudate.
The hydrocolloid dressing is not indicated for third-degree burns or dry wounds.
- 10cm x 10cm – 1701341011
- 15cm x 15cm – 1701341515