Non-Adhesive Foam Dressing
Polyurethane Foam Dressing
Farmactive Schiuma PU (polyurethane) is available in two versions: non-adhesive and with adhesive edges.
The non-adhesive version is a sterile dressing with three layers. The top layer is a semi impermeable, breathable polyurethane membrane. The middle layer is made of absorbent polyurethane foam. The layer applied to the wound is an absorbent polyurethane membrane that does not stick to the wound itself.
In the version with adhesive edges, the polyurethane membrane of the top layer is lined with an acrylic adhesive that secures the absorbent, non-adhesive polyurethane foam centre to the perilesional skin and requires no secondary bandaging. The version with silicone contact layer provides a light bonding to the lesion allowing a painless removal.
- Treatment of moderately to highly exudative skin lesions in the granulation stage, such as:
- venous ulcers of the lower limbs
- diabetic ulcers
- skin graft sites
- surgical and post-surgery wounds
- wounds in the granulation stage
- first and second-degree burns
- strong absorbing capacity, as shown by its high absorbability: 0.95g/cm2/24h in the non-adhesive version and 0.42g/cm2/24h in the non-adhesive version
- high exudate retention to prevent exudate from spreading laterally and causing the maceration of perilesional skin
- breathable and permeable to gas and water vapour, with a high MVTR (Moisture Vapour Transmission Rate): 940g/m2/24h (1421 g/100m2/24 for adhesive version)
- thickness of non-adhesive version 5 mm — thickness of adhesive version 2 mm
- soft, elastic and conformable
- rounded edges to prevent curling at the corners
- impermeable to liquids
- barrier against bacteria
- atraumatic removal, without residues
- individual sterile packaging, opens easily without releasing particles
The polyurethane dressing maintains a moist microenvironment that is ideal for healing wounds or lesions. During the granulation stage, the moist environment facilitates the activity of macrophages, which develop in large quantities and promote the formation of new capillaries from the bottom of the wound cavity. Thus, the cavity gradually fills with granulation tissue, given by capillaries, fibroblasts and collagen. During reepithelialization, epithelial cells migrate from the wound’s edges towards its surface.
The dressing absorbs the exudate in excess and holds it in its matrix, preventing it from spreading laterally and causing the maceration of perilesional skin. Thanks to the polyurethane foam’s high permeability to water vapour, the exudate evaporates, thereby allowing the dressing to absorb more exudate from the wound. The dressing can be left in place for up to 7 days, depending on the patient’s condition and the amount of exudate.
The upper membrane’s impermeability to liquids and to bacterial microorganisms insulates the wound microenvironment from external contamination.
The dressing is soft, elastic and conformable, with rounded edges for maximum comfort; it does not stick to the wound and can be removed without trauma to the patient.
The polyurethane foam dressing is not indicated for third-degree burns, heavily bleeding lesions or dry wounds.
- 7.5cm x 7.5cm – 1701397575
- 10cm x 10cm – 1701391010
- 15cm x 15cm – 1701391515
- 20cm x 20cm – 1701392020
- Heel Shape 15cm x 22cm – 1701392021
- Tracheostomy Shape 10cm x 10cm – 1701390609